The Daily Lamrim Meditation Challenge in a Nutshell:
- Decide on how many consecutive days you can do a 20 minute meditation in January (minimum 5 days, but the longer the better)
- Obtain 18 pebbles or other similar objects (colour, shape irrelevant)
- Choose an object of meditation (breath is good – follow the four steps here, but any Lamrim Object is suitable)
- Before you start have a method of timing yourself at hand (watch, iphone countdown etc.), and the 18 pebbles in a pile just in front of you (within easy arms reach)
- Begin your meditation session, and every time you lose your object, remove one pebble and return your mind to the object
- Keep going until the 20 minutes are up or all the stones are gone
- If you used up all the pebbles, record how long it took
- If you still had some pebble left at the end of 20 minutes, record how many
This completes your first meditation session.
For the next session you should do the same, but try to not lose the object so often, This should mean you increase your time, or you have more pebbles left after 20 minutes. Keep a log of your progress so you can see how you are going.
I hope this is all clear, but I will be delighted to answer any queries you may have.
Love Vide x