I made the appropriate preparations for meditation and then settled down to contemplate the many faults of samsara.
I thought about the suffering of the people I see and hear about. I have had so many past lives that I may as well say I have been all these people.
- The woman who’s bones are crumbling
- The disabled child
- The woman raped by a solider
- The bankrupt businessman
- The politician living a lie
- The torturer
- The bully’s victim
- The fear filled gangster
- The hopeless lonely office worker
- The baby buried in a collapsed building
- The drowning refugee
The list is endless.
I thought that unless I escape samsara now I will have to walk in their shoes again and again.
May we all leave samsara.